Monday, September 5, 2011

"There You'll Find Me" by Jenny B. Jones

There You'll Find Me"There You'll Find Me" by Jenny B. Jones is a story with so many layers that as you peel each layer away you will find yourself falling more and more in love with this book. At first I thought I was reading a YA romance but as I kept reading this wonderfully, magical, engaging story unfolded which captured my heart and hugged my soul. I enjoyed Jones' easy flow writing style and found her real-to-life characters had remarkable depth and yet still came across very relatable..

18-year-old Finley Sinclair is still dealing with the death of her older brother Will when she decides to follow in his footsteps and journey to Ireland as an exchange student. Equipped with only Will's journal as her guide she desperately wants to hear God's voice again and capture some of the peace and wonder that her brother had found on his trip to Ireland.

She ends up being seated beside 19-year-old Irish heartthrob and mega-movie star Beckett Rush on the plane and rather than succumbing to his charm she makes it very evident that she is neither impressed nor interested. Beckett who of course is not use to being ignored finds that he is enticed by the challenge of trying to befriend Finley. Through a crazy set of coincidences and rather humorous events Beckett ends up being Finley's travel guide helping her to find and visit the places that her brother wrote about in his journal.

With a diverse group of characters this book comes to life painting a beautiful Ireland and weaving some very heavy secondary story lines throughout the already heavy-hitting main story line. I found Finley's struggle and quest to be able to hear God's voice not only cathartic for her but for me as well. I loved the music and the bible verses that were interspersed throughout the book as well.

This is a beautiful story about dealing with grief, finding love and forgiveness and ultimately knowing the peace and healing and hope that can come with knowing God.  I give this book 5 Big Stars!


didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)  

No comments:

Post a Comment