Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Hate List" by Jennifer Brown

Hate ListThis was a book that I've heard a lot of good things about and yet for some reason kept putting off reading. I'm not sure why... maybe the subject matter - school shooting.... thought it would be too depressing. Anyhoo... I finally picked it up and started reading it. My first thoughts - powerful! Great writing. Obviously a master at handling tough subject matter. I have to admit there were times I had to take a breather because it was just so intense. At the same time though, it was riveting. It was a whole new angle to look at something that effected so many people. Jennifer Brown wrote such depth into her characters they became life-like and lifted right off the page. And though I did not always like the main character Valerie, that was the beauty of it - I wasn't suppose to. I am very glad that I finally read this book and I highly recommend it to the older young adult reader and up. 



didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment