Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Sleeping Handsome" by Jean Haus

Sleeping Handsome~free editionThis was a short, modern day retelling of snow-white with main character role reversals and minus seven dwarves. I very much enjoyed this book. I'm a sucker for sweet romance though. My only complaint - I would have liked this story to be longer.... a lot longer. I enjoyed Jean Haus' writing style and I loved the idea behind the story. Paige gets caught writing her friend's project and is assigned community hours reading to a boy her age who is in a coma. Things get interesting when Paige finds Zach's journal hidden among his books and decides to read from it instead. Haus created two very intriguing characters with lots of depth for such a short story. I enjoyed getting to know Zach through his journal entries and I loved watching Paige transform as she continued to read to him.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment