Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Graffiti Moon" BY Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon (Library Binding)I know when I am reading a great book - when I get the warm fuzzies early on and then I find myself looking up the author to see if she has written any other books. (This is one of those books and because it is I have now purchased her other book - "A Little Wanting Song," which I notice also has great reviews.)  Cath Crowley is a magician with words. She paints such beautiful pictures for the reader that it is like reading a movie. But best of all, her characters are so intriguing and real and have so much depth that they draw the reader in right from the first page and keep you turning the pages late into the night. Told from the alternating voices of lead characters Ed and Lucy, this lyrical coming of age story is filled with action and romance and at times had me laughing out loud. "Lucy is in love with Shadow, a mysterious graffiti artist. Ed thought he was in love with Lucy, until she broke his nose. Dylan loves Daisy, but throwing eggs at her probably wasn't the best way to show it. Jazz and Leo are slowly encircling each other." We get to join this strange but wonderful cast of characters as they embark on a twenty-four hour journey of self-discovery. This book has moved right to the top of my favourite books list. I give it 5 MEGA stars. *****


didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment