Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Fast Tracked" by Tracy Rozzlynn

Fast-Tracked (Fast-Tracked Trilogy)This book was a total surprise. I downloaded it off of Amazon for only 99 cents and so I was very happy that it captured my attention right from the first page. If you are a fan of dystopian novels like I am, then you will really like this book.

A quick note about the cover: I'm hoping this is just a working cover and not the final product because there is nothing attractive or attracting about this cover. I know that Lexi loves flowers and that they remind her of her family and Byron but I just think a more interesting cover would be better.

Seventeen year old Alexandria (Lexi) and her best friend/boyfriend Byron have just finished writing the assessment test - "a test that determines everything - their job, where they live, and even who they can marry." In a colour-coded social ranking system, both Lexi and Byron have grown up in Blue class, which sits at the bottom of the upper class. They both hoped to achieve a score that would keep them in that upper class. That way they could plan a life together.  But Lexi's happiness at achieving a great score comes crashing down around her when she finds out Byron has been placed in the bottom ranking Orange working class. Lexi must find some way to use her new ranking of Gold to help Byron.

I was intrigued by the concept of mixing a dystopian futuristic storyline with the upper-class lives of the rich and famous fast-trackers. It's like a very scary glimpse at a futuristic Hollywood gone bad.

I really liked Lexi's determined attitude to help Byron. However, I found the relationship between Lexi and Byron was not enough. I wanted to care about Byron more instead I actually found that I liked Avery more and even though his character is questionable at times. Who doesn't love a bad boy turned good?

My only other complaint was that I found the book ended a little too abruptly. Though I have to say that I read the book nonstop late into the night and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy?

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing  c

No comments:

Post a Comment