Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Winter's Shadow" by M.J. Hearle

Winter's ShadowSource: THANK YOU to the Traveling Book Tour: Winter's Shadow Edition at Paranormal Wastelands and Pan Macmillan AU. I too am glad you decided to do the travelling book tour up into Canada because otherwise I would not have been able to read this Australian book.

First off - LOVED the cover! Also loved the easy-flow writing style of M.J. Hearle. This also turned out to be my biggest surprise - the fact that a man wrote this book. I guess I was surprised because the cover is so beautiful and the story for the most part is promoted as a romance. Usually I find that a male writer can't believably capture a good romance and does better at writing action and adventure. So I was really hoping that M.J. Hearle would prove me wrong. He came close and though there were some wonderful moments, for the most part the romance between the two main characters - Blake and Winter was too short. Having said this, the kiss on the beach was breathtaking... quite literally. (LOL - you will understand when you read the book.) I just would have liked a little more of this in order to believe the outcome. I also found that I wanted to know more bout Antoine - Blake's half brother. It could have been very interesting if he entered the storyline at some point near the end of the book. Overall I very much enjoyed the creepy, dark and imaginative twists and turns that came about in the plot and I liked the flashbacks that helped spin the plot to it's high-tempo action-packed conclusion.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

1 comment:

  1. Great review! And I totally agree with the "romance" part. I could have easily read a few more nummy scences between those two;) But who knows maybe we will get our wish in book two?

    ReplyDelete