Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Geek Girl" by Cindy C. Bennett

Geek GirlHow refreshing - a stand alone book that has no vampires, werewolves or sequels! I enjoyed Cindy Bennett's no-frills writing style. Her quirky yet believable main characters engage the reader and keep you turning the pages. Jen is a street-smart goth girl who makes a bet with her friends. "Think I can turn that boy bad?" Those simple words start Jen on a life changing journey. Her goal is to try to change geeky guy Trevor into a bad boy. At first I was hesitant to read this book because I thought it was going to end up being silly. I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of those rare gems - a book that is about so much more than just a high school romance. Cindy Bennett tackles some hard-hitting subject matter when revealing Jen's background. Yet, it is Jen's transition from freak girl to geek girl that is most fun to read about. I highly recommend this book!
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment