Friday, September 23, 2011

"That Boy" by Jillian Dodd

That BoyIf you love a good romance - then you will love this contemporary novel by Jillian Dodd. Even though this book involves the ever-common love triangle, this book is anything but common. In many ways it is refreshingly different. I love the colourful little doodles that begin each new chapter. I love that often Jillian Dodd's writing style is very unique, lacking the typical paragraphs and often throwing in words or phrases in bold print. I love that she begins her story with the three principal characters being very young and then slowly works through their lives going from one important turn of events to the next. You feel like you grow with the characters and they are so well written that you become invested in them. Jayden is that beautiful, smart athletic type that we have all met at one time or another. The only difference is that she has a crazy streak that loves to come out often. Phillip is the tall, dark, handsome boy from across the street that has known Jayden since birth. Danny is the blonde, blue-eyed hot quarterback who moves in next door and who is even crazier than Jayden. Jillian Dodd intermingles each of their story lines always keeping it interesting.

The book synopsis says it best:
"One boy will give me my very first kiss.
 One boy will teach me to make out.
 One boy will take me to prom.
 And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
 They will both be my best friends.
 But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
 Only one of them is That Boy."

I loved that I went back and forth cheering for each of these guys to win Jayden's heart and finally I loved the ending. All in all there was a lot to love about this book. :o)

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment