Friday, September 23, 2011

"Glow" by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Glow (Sky Chasers, #1)Glow is a futuristic action-packed, violent thriller with a little romance sprinkled on top. "A violent battle separates two young lovers on a ship bound for New Earth. Will they find a way back to their vessel - and each other? And most important, will they survive and preserve the future of the human race?" This synopsis on the back of the book was enough to get me to get my wallet out and I'm sure glad I did. Once I started reading I could not put this book down. Amy Kathleen Ryan tackles some pretty mature subject matters throughout the story and because of that I recommend this book for the more  mature YA reader.  I like that her three main characters - Waverly, Kieran and Seth are not perfect.  They have flaws and at times I found I didn't know who to cheer for. I enjoyed the twisty plot and unpredictable ending and even though I prefer stand-alone books to series, I find that I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)  

No comments:

Post a Comment