Monday, October 31, 2011

"The Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater


The Scorpio RacesI read books as if I were panning for gold, always hoping to find that rare golden nugget. Always wanting to uncover that one-of-a-kind gem that from it's first page reaches out and wraps around my heart, captures my breath and rips open my imagination - a book that can float me away on a magic carpet ride of words. "The Scorpio Races" is just such a book. Stiefvater's writing is captivating. The setting is dark and eerily enchanting. The plot mixes soul and heart pounding adventure in just the right combination to propel the reader through the pages. And the characters are so wonderfully unique and written with such profound depth that they practically leap off the page.

If you haven't figured it out yet.. I really loved this book. Enough so that I don't want to tell you any more details other than that I highly recommend that you read it. I will say though that it is downright frightening and even violently bloody at times and because of this it is definitely geared towards the older YA and up.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment